FURCATION 2020 CODE OF CONDUCT
LAST EDITED : 2nd MARCH 2020
This code of conduct covers all aspects of the “Furcation” event. In registering to attend an event, you are bound to these terms as per the contract of sale between yourself and “Furcation LTD”. “Furcation” is a trading name of “Furcation LTD”. From hence forward, “Furcation LTD” will be referred to as “Furcation” to reflect the event taking place.
Registration and Identification
1. All attendees to Furcation must be over the age of 18, and will be required to carry suitable ID. Failure to carry ID may result in you being asked to leave the venue by the Venue staff/ Furcation Security Team. A list of suitable ID is as follows:
- UK Driving Licence (Provisional or Full)
- UK Passport
- Passport issued from your country of citizenship
- European Identity Card
- Identification bearing the PASS hologram
- Armed Forces ID
All ID must be in date and valid at the time of Furcation. There are no exceptions to this list.
2. Furcation reserves the right to refuse entry to the event to any person. If you feel that you have been unfairly refused access, you will need to raise a complaint with the chairman using the contact details listed below.
3. Only registered attendees may enter Sandy Glade Holiday Park, Coast Rd, Berrow, Burnham-on-Sea, TA8 2QX, which is the host of the Furcation event. Your lanyard and identity badge must be worn at all times during the Furcation event as to identify you as an attendee. This badge must be produced upon request to any Furcation staff member at any time. Any tampering with the identity badge during the event (stickers/labels/pen etc) is strictly forbidden. The badge is non-transferrable and as such, you must not loan your badge to any Furcation attendee or member of public.
4. If you lose the key to your accommodation, you must report its loss to the Holiday park reception desk as soon as you become aware to the loss. The park will charge a fee for the loss of the key and will then issue you with a new key for the accommodation.
5. There will be no tickets available on the day. Registration is through the website only during the registration window, the closure of which will be announced via our social media channels.
6. If you hire/loan “owner owned” accommodation on the Sandy Glade Holiday Park, Coast Rd, Berrow, Burnham-on-Sea, TA8 2QX, you must contact the Furcation Registration team prior to the event to open discussion of a potential attendee only ticket. This will be discussed on a case-by-case basis and Furcation reserves the right to refuse an attendee ticket. All cases must be discussed with John Fowler Holidays.
1. Please treat other Furcation event attendees, Furcation Staff, Venue staff and members of the public respectfully.
2. If you are told to stop or to leave someone alone, you will do so immediately. There is no discussion.
3. Not everyone wishes to be hugged, tickled, pounced etc. If you are unsure if someone wishes to receive a hug or tickle etc, please ask that person first as some reserve such activities for family and/or close friends/significant other only.
4. Harassment of attendees, Furcation staff or venue staff will not be tolerated both in and out of the event. Such matters will be handled by our security team with a final decision taken by the chairman and/or Vice chairman. Dependent on the nature of the harassment, we may also involve law enforcement agencies for resolution in line with the victim's wishes.
If you are harassed or bullied by either a Furcation attendee, Furcation staff member or any of the venue staff, this must be reported to the Furcation security team immediately after the incident. Furcation will be unable to investigate and act upon any historic cases that have happened at a Furcation event, however if an investigation is ongoing by the police, Furcation will comply with the police on any matter.
If you need to report an incident that has occurred outside of a Furcation’s jurisdiction, Furcation be unable to take any action in regard to excluding an attendee, however, if you have any concerns, please speak to the registration team who may be able to assist.
5. If you have a legal basis of reason why an attendee should not attend Furcation, for example, but not limited to, a harassment order or anti-social behaviour order, please contact the chair people prior to registering for Furcation.
6. Furcation cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to any personal items you may bring with you, nor can Furcation be held responsible for any one person’s conduct at a Furcation event. Any breaches of this code of conduct witnessed must be reported to a member of the security team immediately.
7. Filming, photography and/or reporting at the Furcation venue in any capacity other than for personal use (i.e uploads to Twitter, TikTok, Tumblr, Vimeo and Youtube) will require prior written consent from the Furcation chairman. (See contact details below). It is recommended that you seek permission from other attendees to be included in your media, however we understand that this may not be possible.
8. The use of personal Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (commonly referred to as Drones) is strictly prohibited. Those attempting to fly drones at the park during the event will be asked to put the drone away in their accommodation. Persistent attempts to fly a drone during Furcation will result in the attendee being asked to leave. If a crime has been committed, the drone may be seized and destroyed by law enforcement agencies.
9. Items such as gunge, water pistols and silly string, as well as body paint (this list is not exhaustive) that could stain or damage clothing and fursuits are not permitted unless at an organised event whereby an activity takes place involving these articles. It will then be expected that those articles are used within a controlled environment. If in doubt, ask a member of Furcation staff first and always apply common sense.
10. All weapons, including look-alikes & replicas, must be inspected by a security staff member and be peace bound to ensure the safety of all attendees. ‘Nerf’ guns must also be checked by security staff but are only to be peace bound at their discretion.
11. Furcation cannot be held liable for any injury or illness sustained during the course of the event. We will, of course, do our best to assist by either our trained first aid staff or by calling for medical assistance from healthcare officials. We will handle these on a case by case basis.
12. If somebody does not feel comfortable in your presence, they may ask you to move along. This request must be adhered to. If you experiencing discomfort with another attendee, this must be reported to Furcation security immediately.
Clothing and Decency
1. We ask that attendees consider their peers when dressing for the event. Nudity is NOT permitted at any time. As a bare minimum, we ask that the groin and thighs are suitably covered and a vest or T shirt are worn. The bare minimum therefore is shorts that come to half thigh length and a vest, t shirt or tank top that covers the main chest and stomach areas. See through net type vests are permitted, however common sense is advised when it comes to modesty. If in doubt please speak to a member of Con-Ops staff.
2. Sexual behaviour that goes beyond a mere display of affection is not allowed in public. Keep this in your accommodation! A mere display of public affection is limited to kissing (no tongues), hugging/cuddling or holding hands.
3. Display of adult-themed and political materials is not permitted in any area of the venue except for within the accommodations. This includes (but is not limited to): door signs, flyers, business cards, posters, flags, canvases, items or garments placed in accommodation windows, physical items and drawings on public message boards.
4. Blatant exposure of fetish gear is not permitted in public, even if it is part of a costume. If you are unsure please speak with ConOps/Security about the matter but the final say is theirs. No discussion on allowance will be made during the event.
5. Inflatable costumes or visibly "anatomically correct" costumes are not permitted.
6. No costumes or accessories related to age-play, pet-play, bondage or sadomasochism are permitted. The only exceptions are as follows:
- Collars with no leash attached. ‘D’ loops on collars are permitted.
- Leather wristband(s) with no 'D' loops/'D' rings present.
- Accessories used in an 'innocent' context i.e. a harness on a sled dog costume.
- ‘Pup Hoods’ as long as the wearer is otherwise clothed in suitable attire (normal clothing), no rubber/leather clothing is permitted.
If there are any questions regarding if an item is suitable, a decision will be made by the Chair persons or Furcation security staff on if an item is suitable or not. Their decision is final. This decision can be taken on the day of the event.
Alcohol and other Drugs
1. If you drink alcohol, you are expected to drink in a responsible manner, and you will be held liable for your actions if you are intoxicated.
2. Anyone found to be intoxicated to the level of incapacity will be escorted to their accommodation by a member of the welfare team. Once you are deemed sober enough to account for your actions, a further discussion and investigation will take place with the welfare team. The outcome of this may mean that you are restricted from consuming alcohol for the remainder of the Furcation event and any further breaches of this may result in your expulsion from the event.
3. Smoking is prohibited within the accommodations and indoor areas of the park as per UK law. All outdoor areas can be used for smoking; however, we ask that common sense is applied. Smoking next to a group of Fursuiters, for example, would be considered rude.
4. The possession, sale or consumption of any illegal substance (including, but not limited to, LSD, Cocaine, Marijuana, amphetamines, Ketamine, Ecstasy, etc) is strictly forbidden. Anyone found with such substances will be detained, reported to the police and indefinitely banned from the Furcation event. Furcation employs a zero-tolerance approach in regards to illegal substances.
5. Abuse of legal substances (including, but not limited to, Spice, nitrous oxide, helium, poppers (Amol Nitrate), etc.) will also not be tolerated.
6. E-cigarettes and 'vaping'/vapour inhaling is permitted within the accommodations provided that no fumes/smoke are given off and that it is purely vapour being emitted by the device. We recommend using common sense when selecting your vape flavours and avoid using any flavours that replicate a cannabis flavour or smell. At the request of John Fowler Holidays, vaping is not permitted in any indoor public area.
1. Interfering with fire protection systems and devices is a criminal offence. This includes triggering fire alarms, disabling smoke detectors in your accommodation and misusing fire equipment.
2. Do not deliberately crack open glow sticks or similar items, i.e. anything containing dyeing, sticky or corrosive material.
3. As per the venue policy, you are not permitted to bring any animals/pets onto the venue grounds unless we are advised otherwise before the start of the event. These are only permitted within pet friendly accommodation where a fee has been paid for the attendance of the dog. You are responsible for clearing up after your dog.
4. After midnight, we request that you keep the noise to a minimum as other event attendees or the park’s own residents may be sleeping. Any breaches of the peace will be investigated and dealt with accordingly.
1. You are expected to treat your accommodation and its contents reasonably and with care. You will be liable to pay for any damage caused during your stay.
2. You must not disturb people in any other accommodation. Please keep the noise down after midnight.
3. Ghosting is not permitted during any Furcation event. Ghosting is where you attend the enter the event site having not previously acquired a paid attendance ticket. In the event of this taking place, the offenders will be asked to leave the venue, regardless of any inconvenience or cost this may cause them. Furcation will not have a duty to find the offenders any accommodation or transport back home. Refusal to leave the site will result in the police being summoned to remove you from the site. As the site is being hired to Furcation and is not a public place for the duration of the event, you do not have a right to be on site if you have not paid for an attendance ticket.
Furcation Ltd, its staff and John Fowler Holidays are also bound to this code of conduct. If you find a staff member breaching this code of conduct, you are within your right to report this accordingly and immediately. The Furcation staff and welfare team are not replacements for law enforcement and should not be treated as personal counsellors. If you feel that a crime has been committed, you must report this to the police immediately and then follow up with the Furcation welfare team.
If you feel you have been treated unfairly, please contact the Chairman or Vice Chairman after the event in writing. If you need to get in touch with us, please send an email to:
The chair persons will then conduct a thorough investigation and their decision is definitive.
DISCLAIMER: This code of conduct is correct at time of update and is the definitive version. Any further changes will be communicated to attendees before the event, in which attendees will have to agree to the new policy before attending Furcation. The most up to date code of conduct will be available on the Furcation website.