IMPORTANT INFORMATION

 

ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) AND FURCATION 2020

 

UPDATE 2 - 03/05/2020


Key points

 

  •  Registration is delayed due to John Fowler’s availability
  •  Furcation is currently still scheduled to happen November 6-8 2020
  •  What happens at a national level in the next 3-4 months will impact our ability to run the event in 2020
  •  If we cannot run in 2020, we will endeavour to run in 2021, with the convention sitting in a solid position for this.

 

From the Directors


As we’re sure you will all understand in this very challenging time, it's becoming ever more difficult for us to predict whether we will be in a position to run Furcation this year. The continued Coronavirus lockdown affects us all and is having large knock on effects regarding our planning at this point. John Fowler themselves are running a minimum operation, meaning we haven't received a lot of the key information required in order for us to open registration. 

 

At this point, it is guaranteed that our registration will be receiving a further delay due to this lack of information. 

 

This is not John Fowler's fault by any stretch of the imagination and we are all on pause until further news breaks on whether social distancing will be lifted later in the year, and what effect this will have on mass gatherings. As far as we are concerned at this point, we are still progressing as though Furcation 2020 will take place but this is subject to a lot of external factors. 

 

Please keep an eye on our social media, as well as this website, for further details regarding the effect that Coronavirus will have on Furcation 2020. We intend to keep you fully up-to-date as soon as we have any information. If you are concerned or have any other further questions regarding Furcation and the Coronavirus, feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help.

 

 

The safety of our attendees and staff is priority number one to us, and we will continue to review the situation as new information is provided by the government. Certainly, the next 3-4 months are going to be incredibly vital as to whether we can open registration or if we postpone the event until next year. 

 

If we have to postpone the event this year, we can safely say that this would not mean the end of Furcation. The business is in a comfortable position at this point and having not taken on any sales for this year, we're in an easier position to make a call on postponing the event should we need to. 

 

We truly wish you all the best during this global pandemic and hope you and your families remain safe and well.

 

Furcation Directors, May 3 2020

Jasper Foxx, Anthropup

 

 


 

 

UPDATE 1 -  22/03/2020 - Announcement by Jasper Foxx (Chairman)

 

Hey everyone.

 

In light of the recent situations, we thought we would give you an update on how COVID-19, or 'Coronavirus', will affect Furcation.

 

As with other conventions, we are awaiting advice from the Government on preventative steps to avoid further spread of the virus. We are also waiting on full clarity on the extent of these measures to see if it would affect us in any way.

 

For this reason, until further notice, we have decided that it is business as usual for Furcation, and we are still aiming to run Furcation 2020 mostly as scheduled, with a few changes.

 

We are going to delay our pre-registration opening for the time being. This is not only because of Coronavirus, but we have some bugs in the registration system that, thanks to your fantastic feedback last year, we want to iron out before we open the registration site to you. We are also using this delay to constantly review the situation, and we are aiming to re-visit the situation in late April or early May, to make further decisions on whether Furcation 2020 will still run this year.

 

As we run in November, we have some hope that restrictions laid out by the Government should not affect us. However, like our fellow conventions based worldwide, we are keeping a close eye on situations to see if they improve or worsen. We will always act within advice from the UK Government, as we want to provide a safe and healthy environment for you to enjoy Furcation.

 

We understand that this may not give you the confidence you were expecting to receive from Furcation regarding this year's event. However, we hope you understand that given the current scenario, you can see our position and we thank you for your patience while we await further clarity.

 

Please keep an eye on our social media, as well as this website, for further details regarding the effect that Coronavirus will have on Furcation 2020. We intend to keep you fully up-to-date as soon as we have any information. If you are concerned or have any other further questions regarding Furcation and the Coronavirus, feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help.

 

 

From myself, my vice Chairman Anthropuppy, and all of the Furcation staff, we thank you for your understanding and we hope that you all stay well and healthy during this health crisis.