LAST EDITED : 2nd MARCH 2020 (Verified by Michael Barton (Data Protection Officer))
“Furcation” is the trading name of Furcation Limited (Furcation LTD), a non-profit company limited by guarantee, and registered with Companies House under company number 10226988. This notice explains to Furcation customers (“you/your”) how Furcation (“we/us”) use your personal information.
This privacy notice covers:
- Why we use your personal information
- The legal basis for processing
- What personal information we use
- How we use your personal information
- Your rights under data protection legislation
- Sharing personal information with third parties
- How long we may keep your information
- Changes to our privacy notice
- Contact details for our Data Protection Officer
Why we use your personal information
Furcation uses your personal details to identify, verify and register our customers as attendees to the annual Furcation event. The data is used for the following purposes:
- To register you as an attendee for the Furcation event
- To book your accommodation during the event
- The verification of your identity when required
- For the ongoing administration of our service
- For the prevention and detection of a crime if requested by authorities
- To contact you and provide information on the event
- To ask for your opinion about our service in the form of surveys. (This has to be an opt-in request due to GDPR requirements and all feedback collected must be anonymised.)
- To inform our welfare team of any medical or other conditions or potential issues in case of emergency
- To contact your next of kin in the event of an emergency
- For statistical analysis and research. (Data processed in this manner will be anonymised prior to processing.)
If we plan to introduce further processing for the use of your information, we will provide information about that purpose prior to such processing.
The legal basis for processing
Under data protection law, there are various grounds which are considered to be a ‘legal basis for processing’. The legal basis for processing is determined by the Data Controller, in this case Furcation LTD acts as the data controller. The legal basis in this scenario is: “Processing is necessary for the performance of tasks carried out for the legitimate interests of Furcation LTD and its customers”. During the initial registration process, we also collect the customers consent for the processing of their data. It should be noted that in some circumstances the legal basis may vary, however we always operate in full compliance with data protection law and will only process data with a fair and reasonable legal basis to do so.
What personal information we process
In order to carry out our service, we collect (directly from the customer) and process the following data fields:
- Forename - Identification
- Surname - Identification
- Nickname/Furry Name - Identification
- Date Of Birth - Identification
- E-Mail Address - Allows us to contact you with important information prior to the event and offer you a feedback survey at the end of the event
- Medical Information - Shared with the on-site welfare team and emergency services in the event of an emergency.
- Postal Address - Identification
- Postcode - Identification
- Next of Kin Contact Details - Allows us to contact your next of kin in the event of an emergency
- Transaction Details - Details of transactions made via our payment provider, used to confirm customer has paid for the event
- Consent to Privacy Notice - Confirms customer has agreed to the privacy notice, allowing us to process their data
- Consent to Hosting Terms and Conditions - Confirms that a host has agreed to the terms and conditions required to host accommodation at the event.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information, and some of our employees have access to such information, only to the extent required to carry out services for you with regards to the Furcation event. We have introduced appropriate controls and measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information during storage, processing and transit. We only process your personal information within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, some of our supporting services (i.e. PayPal) may use cloud platforms that operate from third countries outside the EEA. Where this is the case, we ensure that adequate safeguards are established to protect your data.
Your rights under Data Protection Law
Right to access
You have the right to access to your personal information that we process and details about how we conduct that processing. You can access most of this data directly via our registration system. However, should this not be possible, you can raise a Subject Access Request (SAR) to receive this information in a different format.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request that information is corrected if it is inaccurate. You can update your own information via the Furcation Registration System. However, if for any reason this is not possible (such as registration has closed), you can raise a SAR to have the information updated.
Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten)
You have the right to request that your information is removed from Furcation systems. However, please be aware that in some circumstances we may not be obliged to action this request.
Right to object
You have the right to reject to the processing of your information. However, please be aware that in some circumstances we may not be obliged to action this request.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that we restrict the extent of our processing activities. However, please be aware that in some circumstances we may not be obliged to action this request.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format suitable for transferring to another controller.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you think we have infringed your privacy rights, you can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. You can lodge your complaint in particular in the country where you live or where you believe we infringed your right(s).
How to exercise your rights
You can exercise your rights by sending an email to [email protected] Please state clearly in the subject that your request concerns a privacy matter, and provide a clear description of your requirements. Note: We may request additional information to verify your identity before we action your request.
Sharing your personal information with third parties
We use a number of trusted service providers to help deliver our services. All of our suppliers are subject to appropriate safeguards, operate in accordance with our specific instructions and limitations, and in full compliance with data protection law.
The current service providers include:
- Payment providers – This will be confirmed before the opening of registration. Once the provider is confirmed, this document will be updated accordingly
- John Fowler Holiday Parks - The current venue for Furcation, registration data is shared with John Fowlers to book your accommodation at the park
- Chef’s Corner - The third-party catering supplier employed by John Fowler Holiday Parks. We may share data related to dietary requirements with Chef’s Corner to ensure they are prepared to meet those requirements during the event
- Police Force / Emergency Services - Personal data that has been provided to us may be shared with the emergency services in order to provide assistance in the unlikely event of an emergency. We will also share any personal data requested by police forces in the event of an investigation for criminal activity
If we need to change or add additional third parties, we will update this Privacy Notice and inform all our customers accordingly. We will not sell or share any of our attendee, staff or volunteer data to any other organisation, company or other furry events.
How long do we keep personal information?
Furcation may retain your data for as long as necessary in order to ensure we can provide a safe environment for our attendees and to enforce any restrictions that have been placed.
Contact details for our Data Protection Officer (DPO)
We have a data protection officer (DPO), the DPO’s role is to handle any SAR’s and queries customers may have about how we handle and process data. Their contact details are as follows: [email protected]